Sunday, March 6, 2011

Fail

This morning was scheduled to be a run before church......FAIL. The "baby" even though at 11 months he is the size of a two year old woke up late for some food at 6:20 this morning, I decided to feed him and let me wife sleep in a little. This was great, but by the time I finished, the 2 year old was up and ready to go. At that point I wanted nothing more than to lay around until it was time to go to church.

So I failed on my workout for the day. There is still time.....its only 2pm to get a workout in later. Maybe after we visit with the family for dinner I can get a run in before bed or a swim (I am voting for the swim by the way).

I did have one major victory today......I did not eat any donuts at church! not even a bite from one of the kids. Heck, sometimes you need to celebrate the little things in life.

Stay tuned, tomorrow I plan to start a Monday tradition.............

2 comments:

  1. Not eating doughnuts is a huge victory!!!!! I brought some home after my run for my kids yesterday and had the same temptation. However, It has been so long since I have had one, and I see them as sooo bad for me, they really dont tempt me anymore. Now, chocolate? Thats another story :-)

    I do have some thoughts and suggestions for training for you, but must get kids out door and off to work. Will post again soon. Looks like you are doing a great job training tho! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey totally awesome you are training for a triathlon and whatever, I remember many a Thanksgiving dinner hearing our parents brag across the table all our atheltic prowess!! I must be in denial but I am still holding on to the idea I was at least ONCE "in shape." Now I run up the stairs to fast I'm winded. (SIGH)

    ReplyDelete