Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Big Training Night

Here it goes! I have a big training plan for tonight. Most of you reading this are going to think one of two things,

1) Are you crazy?

2) Man, that is just my warm up routine.

So, here is the plan. I am going to park my car at "The Club" and get ready for some fun. First I plan to take a run around the lake (yes we have lakes in SoCal, although it is man made). The run will be the same distance as a 5K since I plan to run 2/3's of the lake and then turn around and run back. I will then change straight into my riding shoes and complete the same route as my run, but possibly do it twice (10K). Then I will put the bike back in the car and check in at "The Club" and take a dip in the pool. The pool swim will equal at LEAST a 1/4 mile.

So, am I crazy or am i just doing your warm up routine?

3 comments:

  1. Choice 3 - You've got your triathlon brick backwards! It's swim first, THEN bike, THEN run. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Depending on the intensity of the workout that would be tough or not to bad. A six mile bike ride isn't all that rough, but sandwiching it in between two 5K runs (if run at a fast pace) could be a nice recovery.

    It is all relative to the race you are training for and how well you want to do. If you are training for a sprint distance tri, that is a very solid work out, provided the intesity is there. If you are training for an Ironman, well that would be a very modest work out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A) you're not crazy
    B) no matter what you do, you're out doing something - and that is better than nothing

    Just make sure this aligns with your training goal(s) and make the brick count. Don't forget to recover, stretch and hydrate - equally as important as the workout itself.

    Go get 'em.

    ReplyDelete