Here is a list of my favorite training apps, non-training apps and ones I think I may purchase.
- Nike +, this app tracks your runs for you.....at least in theory! I had a pair of Nike + running shoes that completely hurt my feet. I have since switched to Brooks which feel like I am running on a mattress! One problem, the Nike + only seems to work about 75% of the time, regardless of the shoes.
- Couch to 5K, not my favorite, but I know a ton of people that love it, including Totally the Turtle.
- Strava, this app tracks your rides for you via the GPS. It will tell you your pace, distance, climbs, etc and track your progress over multiple rides so you can see your improvement.
- Nike Training, great for short strength workouts! Some of the workouts are only 15 minutes long which is perfect to get in a great Ab killer.
- My 24, this allows me to keep track of all the spin classes (and other classes) that 24 Hour Fitness has in my area.
Training Wish List
- First Time Triathlon, looks like a useful training tool and would take all the guess work out of my training plan.
- Words with Friends, my wife always beats me at this game, but it's still fun!
- MLB, enough said.
- Facebook, because we all need to stay connected!
- Too many more to list!
So, what apps do you use for both training and non-training?