Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Online Challenge

So my wife is one of the main people in my life that holds me accountable to my training. On mornings when my alarm goes off hours before most people she is the one who bugs me to get out of bed on those days where I want nothing else than 2 more hours of sleep before work. She is the one who takes care of my nutritional needs as well as the kids and herself. She also is the one that holds down the fort at home and gets me out at night for my 2-a-day workouts. Lets face it, she is amazing.

The factor in her life that I see her struggle with is her workouts. Now maybe because she supports me so much she puts herself 2nd, which drives me crazy by the way. However this upcoming month she has decided to go big with her running. She is going to run a full marathon within the month of May!

Now to some of you that I know who read this blog daily, you think ok, 26.2 miles in 31 days....you can do that mileage in a workout! But a little history here is that she started running a year ago, without ever running before. Her main goal was to get in shape and be a good example to our kids (little does she know, she already is). Her running has progressed from 2-3 times a week to running in 5K's and even a 10K. Her ultimate goal being that she can run a half marathon at a good mile pace.

So with that background this goal is doable, right? YES! The big factor is getting her out there and running. If I am being honest, I think she can get a marathon PLUS a half marathon in May.

So, please go over to her blog and share some of that great triathlon community with her and push her to victory! Check her out at Totally the Turtle.

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on having such a supporting wife! I'll check her blog out too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome1 I'm going to check out her blog! Thanks for sharing and keep us updated!

    ReplyDelete