Friday, April 15, 2011

Who's Who on Race Weekend

Being a new member of the blog community I have found so many people that are just plain amazing. Within blogging and the triathlon world (runners too) I have found an amazing amount of information, support and friendship. Its a little strange but exciting to have friends all over the place that are training and struggling with the same things I am.

I have noticed on a few blogs that I read, people are posting about either their upcoming race this weekend OR a list of people that are racing this weekend. This is the place I saw it first, Becoming an Ironman, and trust me read his blog it's awesome. So, I would like to start a tradition here on the BENCHWARMER to list all the people that have inspired me one way or another through their blog. Here is the who's who of races this weekend.

Good Luck!

TRIATHLONS

Mauricio over at Triathlon at 55 is racing at the New Orleans Ironman 70.3

RUNNING

Jim at 50 after 40 is running the Boston Marathon.....impressive! Jim is planing to run a marathon in all 50 states after the age of 40. I can only dream of such a feat.

Deb at Deb Tris is running the Calgary Police Half Marathon. She posted that part of the race course might be underwater.......I'm no expert, (since it's 80 degress in So Cal today) but isn't it still cold in Calgary this time of year?

Liz at Mommy to Marathon is running her first 5K......Go give her some encouragement! This is amazing.

Jen at Runner....Maybe is running her first 10K

Jess at Run with Jess AND Jen at Adventures of Badgergirl are running the OshKosh Half Marathon

Colleen at Iron Diva is also running a Half Marathon

Last but not least, Tonia at Racing Babes is running the Dismal Swamp Stomp Half Marathon.

Did I miss you? Email me and I will update the list! If you have an upcoming race, email me that too so I can get you on the appropriate Friday Who's Who.

Ok everyone not racing, get out this weekend and get some good training in....your weekend is coming!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the shout out!

    As for your question about Calgary weather, this is one of those places where the weather is just totally unpredictable. This time of year it could be -20c (-4f) or +25c (77f). We try to roll with it. This year, it looks like it will be right around freezing. I'm horribly jealous of your warm weather!

    Off to check out some of the other blogs you mentioned!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like an awesome tradition! And I love the name - "Who's Who..." Good choice.

    And I can't agree more with your assessment of the triathlon (and running) worlds. The incredibly friendly atmosphere is one major aspect of why I'm hooked. I'll get in conversations with guys about why they race, what pace they shoot for, what they did last weekend DURING a race! In such an individual sport, everyone's willing to lend a hand to help others.

    Thanks for the mention.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, really great blog post… I've enjoyed reading through your blog because of the great style and energy you put into each post. I actually run AceHealth.org, a blog of my personal research and experiences. If you're interested, I would love to have you on as a guest blogger. Please send me an e-mail: bob.mauer65(at)gmail(dot)com, and I can give you more information. Looking forward to hearing from you.

    ReplyDelete