Monday, April 18, 2011

Bike Drama

All last week I had been looking forward to getting my bike back from the shop. I planned to ride it first thing Saturday morning and even had my route picked out and established a time I wanted to complete it in. Then craziness happened and it has yet to stop.

Now keep in mind that I am just starting out in this triathlon deal. So, I took the advice of several friends and triathlon coaches and just plan to ride the bike I have instead of buying a new bike. Its a cost thing, plus who knows if this is going to be a long term deal anyway until I actually complete a race. So I took my mountain, yes you read that correct, mountain bike to the shop for some needed repairs.

When I picked up my bike it was perfect. Then I got home and did the Dad thing. Once I returned to the car to take my bike out I had a flat. Seriously!?!? Zero hours on the bike and a flat. This cant be happening.

So I took the bike bake on Saturday afternoon, after missing my morning ride. Turns out it was just a defective tube....replaced and working great!

Sometimes it just seems that if it is not one thing its another that gets in the way of training. The good news is.....I ran this weekend instead.

3 comments:

  1. Deep breaths. As you said, at least you got out there for a run.

    I agree with whoever gave you advice to not buy an expensive bike at this point. If you do your race and fall in love with the sport, then you can invest in a bike. Until then, just keep your focus on having fun and getting to the finish line with a smile on your face.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Theia. This is an expensive sport so take your time jumping in.

    NOLA went well by the why. Thanks for checking in to my blog. Let me know if you have any questions. I started doing tris from basically nothing 2 years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm only going into my second season and I'm using an old road bike I bought off of craigslist. I didn't want to put a lot of money into the sport until I knew I was going to stick with it. Even now I know I'll do it 'till I'm in a wheelchair, but the old bike has it's benefits. You did the right thing!

    ReplyDelete